As a Melbourne Wedding DJ, MC and Wedding Singer, I experience party song trends on a weekly basis.
When styling the music, your Wedding DJ should consider your personal taste, coupled with recent music trends, to create and develop a song list that keeps all your guests partying on the dance floor.
In relation to popular wedding song choices, the one constant is that there is no constant. Taste in music varies from client to client, however there have been some musical trends that tend to cross the board, particularly at weddings, and I have listed these below. These are the songs that will generally work at all weddings and parties to keep your guests happy on the dance floor in 2014, and do not include current chart music, which will naturally change depending on the date of the event:-
1. Billie Jean - Michael Jackson
2. Respect - Aretha Franklin
3. I Want to Dance With Somebody - Whitney Houston
4. Jump Around - House of Pain
5. Footloose - Kenny Loggins
6. Play that Funky Music - Wild Cherry
7. Am I Ever Gonna See Your Face Again? - The Angels
8. Summer of 69 - Bryan Adams
9. Valerie - Mark Ronson feat. Amy Winehouse
10. Long Way to the Top - ACDC
This is obviously just a sample of great songs that work at weddings and events, and naturally each event should be styled to the individual client's tastes and needs, however these songs are almost guaranteed to do well at most Australian weddings and functions.
As a specialist Melbourne Wedding DJ, I love styling the music for my clients to suit their needs, and to help create a magical event to remember. Please contact me to discuss how I can help create an event that is totally YOU.
Make your next event a Sensation and BOOK NOW
t 0418 565 146
A boutique entertainment group from Melbourne, Australia.